Friday, January 16, 2015

The Worst Text Messages Sent To A Date



They Sent What??! Try To Avoid These Texting Faux Pas

A great article, to share with the 'I Love Romantic Love' Community!

We've all received them, or perhaps even unintentionally sent them. So how do you know when it's just plain weird, off, or wrong? Take a peek at these - some of the worst of the worst - and you'll hopefully remember them the next time you pick up your phone to send your date a note.

1.  Can't Take the Hint Texts
 

For whatever reason, you're smitten with Mister or Miss Right, and you want to win over their affections... yet they're refusing to reply to you. That they're at work, with their family, or out on the town with friends doesn't cross your mind. 

I'll just leave it to a reader to share his thought process when this happened to him: 

"I couldn't take a hint. She wasn't interested. BUT WHAT IF SHE WASN'T OKAY?! Oh my goodness, I have to know she's okay. So I texted her, and texted her, and texted her... until she told me if I texted her again, she'd call the cops. I stopped".

2.  Over the Top Sexual Texts
 

Maybe you think you've sent a flirty text message as opposed to one that might seem a bit, um, uncouth. 

To help, I have a marker for whether a text measures on the okay scale, or whether it should be left for another day. If the person you're sending the message to has yet to see you as naked as the day you were born, refrain from sending anything that might make your own Mom say, "Ew". 

I've had readers send me the most vulgar, offensive texts completely wrong for an all-ages audience, so let me just share one of my favorites/worst: "I look forward to the day your belly swells, ripe with my seed". Yep, sent after date numero uno.

3.  Ridiculously Judgmental Texts
 

I've learned over the decade that I've written about dating and relationships to share what I do for a living right off the bat. Then, the person can decide if it's a deal breaker for them (surprisingly, it is for a lot of people). 

Once however, I had a gent text me after I shared the news: "I know you're type. You change your shoes as much as you change you're guy". He then got even more judgmental, so I blocked him... For the grammar infractions, of course.

4.  No Texts At All
 

The flip side of the "Can't Take the Hint" no-no, the AWOL texter just disappears, oftentimes just as you're trying to make plans. 

Of course, there are times when it's really unavoidable (as discussed already), yet there's a certain subset of the population who just.. disappear. 

Shared a female reader: "We had a fantastic date, we made out a bit, he asked if he could see me later in the week. I texted him a few days later to see if we were still on. Nothing. I asked again the next day. Still nothing. I never heard from him again". 

5.  Oops! Texts
 

A lot of horrible texts can fall in this category. Call someone the wrong name, send the wrong text to the wrong person, auto correct goes wild and makes a huge, icky mess. 

A favorite/bad text I read on Reddit a few months back read: "Total waste of time, fugly and epically boring." followed by "Sorry, wrong person." 

A gal pal had a similar experience on Tindr, where she met a gent in person, he ignored her, and then "accidentally" asked her how she was doing a week or so later. As soon as she responded, he blocked her. 

So ... what do you do now?

Texting in Relationships can be fun, and definitely bring back the Romance!! 

Follow this link http://bit.ly/1ChNLAd to find out more about how you can text back the Romance into your Relationship  

You will enjoy the information that Michael Fiore shares about how YOU can shift from reading a funny article about texts to dates ... or be having more Romantic Fun!!

Source:  The-Worst-Text-Messages-to-Send-Your-Date

No comments:

Post a Comment